HR Forms for New Employees

New employees are required to complete forms upon hire.  Form requirements vary by position.

Depending upon an employees position, the forms available on this page are available for completion prior to New Employee Orientation (NEO) training.

Alabama A-4

The Alabama Form A-4, Employee’s Withholding Exemption Certificate, must be completed so that we know how much state income tax to withhold from your wages.

Child Abuse & Neglect

We as the employer request clearances and receive information on persons who as employees will provide unsupervised care and/or supervision of children.

DHR Staff Application

The Staff Application form is a required form for by the Alabama Department of Human Resources (DHR) for Day Care Licensing.  


The Physical/TB form, or the Medical Report for Persons Giving Care to Children form, is a DHR-required form for all staff who will be in contact with enrolled children in any of the agency’s Children’s Services programs.

Standards of Conduct

The Partnership expects all persons involved in the Organization to act in a professional and responsible way at all times. The Human Resources Policies and Procedures Manual provides guidance for what are considered unacceptable activities.  All persons involved in the Partnership must abide by these standards of conduct.

Background Check

The purpose of this waiver is to provide the agency with sufficient identifying information about new employees to allow the agency to obtain criminal records.

DHR Reference Form

Reference contacts include written statements on the required form from three (3) unrelated references, including at least one previous employer, if ever employed.

Employment Application

All agency employees must have an Employment Application on file with the Department of Human Resources.  Applications for employment are also available for completion through the online job posting system.

Sex Offender Status

Completion of the Sex Offender Status form is a requirement of the Alabama Department of Human Resources.

Our entire team gives 110% every day to make sure all employees feel important.

The Partnership’s Department of Human Resources is a team of dedicated individuals who specialize in all aspects of human capital. Our team ensures every employee hired at the agency understands the vision and mission of the agency and is a good fit for his or her selected role.

Sharalee Little, Human Resources Assistant Director


What can you tell me about…?

Some of our most frequently asked questions, with their answers, are included here in the FAQ section of our Human Resources page.  If you have a question that is not covered in the FAQs, simply click the “Contact Us” button and submit your question directly to Human Resources.

Am I required to pay for insurance even if I have coverage with my spouse's plan?

The Partnership’s insurance plan (PEEHIP) requires that all employees pay for single coverage regardless of their ability to have insurance coverage by a spouse or partner.  

Is my retirement plan a 401k?

The Partnership participates in the Teachers’ Retirement System (TRS) managed by Retirement Systems of Alabama (RSA).  TRS accounts are not 401k accounts.  For more information on the Teachers’ Retirement Systems of Alabama, visit

What's the difference between exempt and non-exempt employees?

Exempt and non-exempt statuses are governed by the Federal Labor Standards Act (FLSA).  Employees whose jobs are governed by the FLSA are either “exempt” or “nonexempt.” Nonexempt employees are entitled to overtime pay. Exempt employees are not. Most employees covered by the FLSA are nonexempt.  For more information on FLSA salary exemptions, visit Fact Sheet #17A from the Wage and Hour Division.

How do I find my employee number?

Employees may find their employee number by checking their payroll statement.  Payroll statements are emailed to each employee the week payroll runs.  Payroll statements may also be reviewed under the “Reporting” tab (“Check/W2 History”) of the Employee Web Services (EWS) timekeeping system.

Can I withdraw money from my retirement plan?

No, employees are not allowed to withdraw funds from their retirement accounts while actively employed.  Once an employee is no longer employed with the Partnership, or with another participant in the Teachers’ Retirement System (TRS), they may elect to have their contributions refunded in full.

How do I change my tax withholding amount for my paycheck?

Employees who wish to make adjustments to their W-4 (Employee’s Withholding Allowance Certificate) may do so through the Employee Web Service (EWS) system under the “Personal” tab (“W4 Info).