Energy assistance through the Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP) is federally funded and administered through the state. The Partnership’s service area for LIHEAP includes Cullman, Lawrence, and Morgan counties in North Alabama.
For the health and safety of our customers and staff, all offices remain closed to the public.
All energy assistance applications are to be submitted through a our no-contact process.
See instructions below for details on how to get and submit an application.
LIHEAP CARES Funds for First-time Households
(Cullman, Lawrence, and Morgan counties ONLY)
Families who have never received energy assistance in the past may qualify for a one-time $1,000 payment to their utility providers.
Families receiving the one-time $1,000 payments must still qualify for assistance using established eligibility guidelines.
One-time payments in the amount of $1,000 will be made directly to utility providers to offset the cost of utility expenses for qualifying families.
The applicant’s total household income for the previous month
must be at or below 150% Federal poverty:
1 Person $1,595
2 People $2,155
3 People $2,715
4 People $3,275
5 People $3,835
6 People $4,395
7 People $4,955
8 People $5,515
Add $560 for each additional member in households with more than 8 people
The applicant must meet the eligibility requirements and have been directly impacted by COVID-19 in at least one of the following ways:
• Household member(s) lost income (reduction in work hours)
• Household member(s) lost job
• Household had additional expenses
• Household member(s) contracted it
Use the LIHEAP Application link below to complete and submit an application using the instructions on page 1 contained in the application packet.
NEW! 2020-21 Heating Season Applications now available!
No-contact Energy Assistance Application Process
REMINDER: Customers may receive utility assistance ONCE per season (cooling/heating)
Cooling Season runs from June 1st through October 31st
Heating Season runs from November 1st through May 31st
In response to the COFID-19 pandemic, Energy Assistance (LIHEAP) application packets are available for pick-up, download or mailing:
- Pick up. Designated literature boxes contain Energy Assistance application packets. The boxes are placed outside each of our 3 county offices (Cullman, Decatur, and Moulton). Packets are also available at local utility company offices in Cullman, Decatur, and Moulton.
- Download. Use the LIHEAP Application button to open and download the packet as a PDF.
- Mail. Clients may request a packet be mailed to them by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 256-355-7843.
Each packet has a step-by-step guide for completing and submitting the application and required documents. Completed applications can be submitted in 1 of 4 ways:
- Scan and email to email@example.com
- Mail to Community Action Partnership in Decatur (address is on instruction sheet AND the packets are in self-addressed envelopes)
- Fax to 256-355-7953, ATTN: LIHEAP Department
- Place in the outdoor Drop Box at our Central Office in Decatur (NOTE: This is the ONLY Drop Box location)
Adobe Acrobat Reader
Download Adobe Acrobat Reader to view, edit, sign, and annotate PDF documents.
Also available for mobile in your app store.
Adobe Scan App
Get the Adobe Scan App to scan your documents to PDF files and send directly from the app. Available for Android and iPhone/iPad. Download from your app store.
Director of Community Services
Low Income Home Energy Assistance
Assistance on a one-time basis to low-income families to meet heating and cooling energy costs and to prevent energy from being terminated in health crisis situations. Funds are paid directly to utility companies and vendors.
The Make An Appointment feature of our website has been temporarily disabled due to COVID-19. We will resume scheduling appointments under the guidance of local, state, and national officials.
|For General Information||To Schedule an Appointment|
|Central Office (Decatur): 256-355-7843||Morgan County: 256-260-4050|
|Cullman Office: 256-734-5170||Cullman County: 256-255-0454|
|Moulton Office: 256-905-0963||Lawrence County: 256-522-0019|
For households applying for first-time assistance, contact the Decatur office at 256-260-3100 for pre-application guidance.
Click the button for a printable PDF of the LIHEAP documentation requirements