Energy assistance through the Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP) is federally funded and administered through the state. The Partnership’s service area for LIHEAP includes Cullman, Lawrence, and Morgan counties in North Alabama.
In response to COVID-19:
For the health and safety of our customers and staff, all offices remain closed to the public. Beginning Friday, May 22nd, all energy assistance applications will be submitted through a new no-contact process.
See instructions below for details on how to get and submit an application.
NEW! No-contact Energy Assistance Application Process
Effective Friday, May 22nd Energy Assistance (LIHEAP) application packets will be available for pick-up, download or mailing:
- Pick up. Designated literature boxes contain Energy Assistance application packets. The boxes are placed outside each of our 3 county offices (Cullman, Decatur, and Moulton). Packets are also available at local utility company offices in Cullman, Decatur, and Moulton.
- Download. Use the LIHEAP Application button to open and download the packet as a PDF.
- Mail. Client’s may request a packet be mailed to them.
Each packet has a step-by-step guide for completing and submitting the application and required documents. Completed applications can be submitted in 1 of 4 ways:
- Scan and email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mail to Community Action Partnership in Decatur (address is on instruction sheet AND the packets are in self-addressed envelopes)
- Fax to 256-355-7953, ATTN: LIHEAP Department
- Place in the outdoor Drop Box at our Central Office in Decatur (NOTE: This is the ONLY Drop Box location)
Director of Community Services
Low Income Home Energy Assistance
Assistance on a one-time basis to low-income families to meet heating and cooling energy costs and to prevent energy from being terminated in health crisis situations. Funds are paid directly to utility companies and vendors.
The Make An Appointment feature of our website has been temporarily disabled due to COVID-19. We will resume scheduling appointments under the guidance of local, state, and national officials.
|For General Information||To Schedule an Appointment|
|Central Office (Decatur): 256-355-7843||Morgan County: 256-260-4050|
|Cullman Office: 256-734-5170||Cullman County: 256-255-0454|
|Moulton Office: 256-905-0963||Lawrence County: 256-522-0019|
For households applying for first-time assistance, contact the Decatur office at 256-260-3100 for pre-application guidance.
Click the button for a printable PDF of the LIHEAP documentation requirements